Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

HARIDWAAR.. these pictures-there were hundreds of them, with names and without- all came back. They rose fresh and new out this night of love, and i knew again, what in my wretchedness i had forgotten, that they were my life's possession and all its worth.. Indestructible and abiding as the stars, these experiences, though forgotten, could never be erased.. Their series was the story of my life, their starry light the undying value of my being.. My life had become weariness.. It had wandered in a maze of unhappiness that led to renunciation and nothingness; it was bitter with the salt of all human things; yet it had laid up riches, riches to be proud of.. It had been for all its wretchedness a princely life.. Let the little way to death be as it might, lost to pitifulness, the kernel of this life of mine was noble.. It had purpose and character and turned not on trifles, but on the stars..steppenwolf..hesse..






No comments: